HOW DO YOU PERCEIVE YOUR BODY?
As an aw-inspiring entity which acctually changes, adapts and re-buids depending on how you use it? As something which can be used as a compass to let you know what is really going on in your life and how it affects you?
As an adversary who for unknown reasons turns on you at irregular intervals? As something which can´t be trusted but needs a stern mind or else might indulge or avoid what is needed? As a trophy to be admired or judged by others?
We all walk around in this amazing and wondrous contraption called "a body", which can be used in such a variety of ways, some of which might seem to border on magic.
Even so we are given little or no knowledge about it as we grow up and many times we are also conditioned or expected to ignore its signals and subtle messages when they don´t align with the demands of society or our everyday life.
“Embodiment is the practice of attending to your sensations. Awareness of your body serves as a guiding compass to help you feel more in charge of the course of your life. Somatic awareness provides a foundation for empathy, helps you make healthy decisions, and gives important feedback about your relationships with others. Embodiment in somatic psychology applies mindfulness and movement practices to awaken body awareness as a tool for healing.”
-Dr. Arielle Schwartz
Our society tends to favour a very mental focus when adressing problems of the mind as well as of the body.
There are, however, things that can not be reached through a merely mental or verbal process, or where somatic tools allows us to go deeper and be more effective, sidestepping our conceptual mind and diving into the truly remarkable toolbox of embodied awareness.
In my work I offer different forms of services which all of them are based on an embodied perspective coupled with up-to-date scientific research on the Fascia system and the nervous system.
THE SERVICES I OFFER
Regarding the covid-19 - situation:
For the time being most consultations and sessions will be offered online.
I am, however, happy to say that following the advice of Norwegian Health authorities I will again be able to offer Myofascial Energetic Release-bodywork sessions with certain small changes:
- Sessions might be cancelled on short notice if there is any trace of symptoms or infection on clients or practitioners part. Cancellation on short notice will of course not be charged.
- No hand shake upon arrival (I use the namaste-greeting, you are welcome to do the same or what ever you prefer 🙂
- Please bring your own water bottle to the session as no water or tea will be served at the present time
- For your safety and well-being: I use single, disposable covers for the massage bench which are changed between each session and all towels are of course washed between each session (as always)
- Bathroom is available and will be disinfected between each client visit.
- Above all: Please consider your own health situation and if you are at special risk (suffer from any conditions which makes you particularly vulnerable for infection) before deciding to book a treatment at the present moment.
Out bodies mirror our lifestyles.
When our body no longer wants to play the game is over.
Without it, no thoughts, no actions, and no expressions or experiences are possible.
Without our bodies, we have no world, no family, and no friends,
without our bodies we could not exist.
Its complex structure is fascinating , as are the lives it allows us to live.
- Menschen Museum, Berlin. fra utstillingen Bodyworlds
For musicians; no matter what instrument you play: your primary "instrument" is your body and learning to understand it and how you can make it work at its optimal capacity is vital knowledge in being able to have your body support everything you wish to express through your music. This is the subject of Timani