MOVEMENT NUTRIENTS FOR YOUR BODY
WOULD YOU LIKE TO..
WHAT HAPPENS IN A NUTRITIOUS MOVEMENT LESSON?
In my practice I make use of theory and knowledge from both Timani and NM. Every lesson starts with a conversation about your unique physical situation and your wishes and intentions with booking a NM lesson. Every lesson is uniq based on the situation and wishes of the individual client, however, the first lesson always includes the following:
- A short introduction into fundamental anatomical and biomechanical knowledge in order for you to fully understand how and why we work the way we do.
- Special exercises for increased mobility and coordination, designed in order to open up new possibilities for movement and coordination in your body.
- A sum-up of your experiences of the lesson and instructions and exercises to take home for further explorations.
- Alignment – the weight distribution in the body during sitting, standing and walking and how to use body in a more optimal way during these activities.
- Exercises in order to activate deeper layers of the body and increasing overal mobility and sensory awareness.
- Exercises specifically designed to relieve and prevent painful cramps during menstruation
- Increased awareness and knowledge concerning movement patterns which strain the body and which might accumulate into chronic tension and strain injuries.
- Exercises for increased circulation.
- Exercises for increased mobility of the spine, pelvis and shoulders.
- Biomechanical analysis of current alignment and movement patterns which might be a contributing factor for re-occurring tensions and pain.
Both Timani and Nutritious Movement™ involves a deeper understanding of the coordination needed in order to use the body in a way that supports it rather than strains it in a negative way.
Nutritious Movement™ is a whole-body movement program developed by the american biomechanist Katy Bowman. In this program the general term "movement" is put into a broader perspective.
The body is to a large degree self-regulating: an optimal use will bring optimal health. However, in order to be self-regulating the body has certain mechanical requirements: it needs to be used according to how it was designed.
Just like your body needs a big variety of dietary nutrients in order to stay healthy (vitamins, minerals and trace elements) it also needs its movement-nutrients, as in a varied and differentiated use of the whole body on a macro- and micro level.
"You are how you move" so how about learning how to move in a way that restores, rather than strains the body, and maybe getting some insights into how your daily way of moving might contribute in re-occurring health issues or, alternatively, might help to alleviate them.
Nutritious Movement™ is developed by biomechanist Katy Bowman, founder of Nutritious Movement in Ventura, USA.
For more information on her check out the website here.