ALIGNING YOUR BODY WITH YOUR MUSICAL INTENTION
“Timani provides a whole new awareness when it comes to the requirements for musicians. I have worked with many good therapists but I am happy that I found something as specialized as this. I feel that Timani is unique.”
- Leif Ove Andsnes, international piano soloist
WOULD YOU LIKE TO..
Playing an instrument is a physical activity, and getting the body to fully support our musical intention is a fundamental part of being a musician.Timani is the method for musicians, professional and amateur alike, who whishes to take their music experience to the next level. It is a practical, hands-on technique to make you optimize your playing or singing through tools like musician-relevant anatomy and physiology, movement analysis and physical exercises which all are based on a scientific understanding of the particular needs of musicians.
Have you ever heard things like "relax your shoulders", "have a heavy arm" or "breathe into the pit of the stomach"? Did you know that there are more than 20 different muscles which affect your shoulders? Some of these acctually play an active role in stabilizing your shoulder blade and by doing so supports the movement of your arm making it possible for you to increase the speed and accuracy of your fingers, hand and arm. Wouldn´t it be good to know exactly which of these 20 muscles we should be "relaxing" and which we definitely shouldn´t relax?
And wouldn´t it be great to learn an exercise which makes that specific coordination happen by itself?
In other words: what we need is not simplified messages or over-complicated anatomical charts but exercises which helps you develope the perfect coordination for what you want to acheive on your instrument, - be that a more full sound, more rapid finger movements, more stamina, speed, better airflow and so on.
WHAT HAPPENS IN A TIMANI LESSON?
THE SEVEN PILLARS OF TIMANI
- Anatomy and neurology of particular relevance to musicians
- Movement analysis for musicians
- Knowledge of the fascia system and its importance for musicians
- The physiological pre-requisites for a natural and healthy breath
- Practical appliance of ground reaction force in music playing
- The body-mind connection
- Focus and presence during practice and performance
SOME TESTIMONIALS FROM PEOPLE WHO HAVE ATTENDED TIMANI COURSES WORLDWIDE..
"During the course I had the chance to play for Miriam. She helped me find a posture that gave me a freedom in my hands that I have never experienced before. The sound was also full and warm without a lot of effort. I realized that maybe playing the viola is not so hard after all."
- Marina Stelina Siani, Viola student. Royal Danish Academy of Music
Find muscles and connections through your body that you didn´t know existed.
- Lars Harboe, singer, songwriter, artist, guitarist
Life changing and mind opening! Would absolutely recommend to friends and family, musicians or not!
- Maria Gïlicel, violin student at the Royal College of Music
Eye-opening! I’m even more curious now and I am looking forward to learn more.
- Jonna Järvitalo, flute student at the Royal College of Music
Timani is just what you need to bring your musicianship to the next level: It allows you to gain full control of that perfect machine that we use to express ourselves: our body.
- Pierpaolo Casamassima, violin student at Royal College of Music
Unmissable for musicians who want to learn more about themselves for their career.
- Christopher Quaid, violin student at the Royal College of Music
This method is the answer to enjoying music and discovering your potential as a musician and person.
- Sarah Daramy-Williams, violin student at the Royal College of Music
This course is extremely useful no matter what your instruments are or wherter you are a musician or not. It is knowledge that comes in handy in every area and I would not have missed it for anything. Highly recomended!
- Ingrid Halvorsen