This is the homepage of Miriam Hlavaty and you are most heartily welcome to my world of listening, music, anatomy, Fascia, movement, musician´s health, perception, pain science and everything in between.
Welcome to The Listening Experience.
... is my main focus and tool as a musician and lecturer for increasing musical awareness and enhancing the listening experience
...is the essence of my approach as a somatic bodyworker for increasing health and physical and mental function and awareness, in playing, movement and living.
SERVICES I OFFER
Want to book a session or check out what services I offer? Head over to my booking page.
Welcome to my home studio!
Adress: Nordåssløyfa 10, 1251 Oslo
Phone: (+47) 99479092
Timani: movement and health for musicians
“Timani provides a whole new awareness when it comes to the requirements for musicians. I have worked with many good therapists but I am happy that I found something as specialized as this. I feel that Timani is unique.”
- Leif Ove Andsnes, internationally renowned pianist
Want to bring your playing/singing to the next level? Read more about Timani here
Book a lecture out of the ordinary for your event
- For musicians, music teachers, ensembles, and orchestras: Timani - How to access your or your student´s full potential as a musician. Practical tools for supporting mental and physical health for musicians. Giving musicians the tools and knowledge necessary to thrive both mentally and physically in their occupation.
- For the curious musically interested mind: In between the listener and the music stands the listening experience. What really happens neurologically when we listen to music, and why is one man's music another man's dental drill? In this lecture you will experience how you can consciously affect your listening experience by training your ability to change between what is called diiferent "listening intentions" (and, no, it does not involve convincing yourself that balalaika- music is your new lost love.) An interactive lecture on listening and human perception which invites you to a richer and more conscious way of experiencing music and listening.
- For bodyworkers, yoga teachers, somatic therapists, or movement teachers: specifically tailored lectures or lecture/workshops on the fascia system, the autonomic nervous system, the poly-vagal theory and how to apply it in your classes and teachings, biological stress-responses, and accessible tools of self-regulation to use in your classes. Knowledge of the fascia system and the nervous system adds a whole new dimension to your movement practice, and a concrete understanding of the physiological connections between body and mind.
Read more about the lectures I offer here
I am very grateful for the clearest presentation of the polyvagal system and the nervous system I have ever encountered. Miriam helped me far more than my many efforts to understand Porges through his writing. This lecture underscored all that we do in therapy and gave me some new ideas and lots of reminders. I wish many of my colleagues had attended and will share the announcement for the fascia lecture with them.
- approach obstacles in your life from a more embodied perspective.
Read more about Somatic coaching here
Myofascial Energetic Release (MER)
A deeply nourishing and innovative approach to bodywork and pain treatment, working with the fascia system of the body and honoring the Mind-body connection.
Read more about Myofascial energetic Release here
Do you wish to get a heads-up on relevant courses and events or tips on free online resources for musicians?
send me an email at email@example.com and I´ll add you to a list.
I promise I won´t spam you.